WHAT WILL IT BE USED FOR?
A good diet helps to stay healthy. But what does it mean to ” eat healthy “? What other factors influence health? The NutriQuébec project will help to better answer these questions in order to help improve the health of the Quebec population.
NutriQuébec will allow:
- Monitoring dietary choices and lifestyle habits of Quebecers for many years
- Understanding how dietary choices and lifestyle habits affect health
- Identifying the factors associated with the health gap between Quebecers
- Helping to develop and implement policies that will promote healthy lifestyle habits
- Contributing to the evaluation of the effects of public health programs
- Acknowledging the opinion of Quebecers regarding public health
There are many reasons why it is the perfect moment for starting this research project:
- Quebecers are more concerned of their diet and their health
- Quebecers are connected to Internet more than ever
- Web-based tools finally allow to rapidly collect data and at lower costs
- The government has adopted the Politique gouvernementale de prévention en santé